Flex Crete™ is a gray single-component, ready-to-use, ultra-low modulus, pourable, neutral cure elastomeric emulsion which offers the performance and durability characteristics of conventional silicone BUT is NOT A SILICONE OR POLYURETHANE BASED PRODUCT. It provides a lasting and flexible seal with the ease of installation of self-leveling pourable materials. Flex Crete™ can be used in new highway construction or as a remedial or repair sealant in old construction. In new construction, it provides a long-lasting seal that will prolong the life of the pavement and prevent water and noncompressibles from entering into the joint and damaging the pavement and foundation.
For use in repair or remedial applications where other joint sealing materials have failed because of excessive movement or poor weatherability. Flex Crete™ Sealant can be used to seal irregularly shaped and/or spalled joints. It offers outstanding weathering resistance, remains flexible down to temperatures lower than -20°F (-29°C), is jet-blast resistant and will maintain field serviceability when exposed to intermittent fuel and oil spills. It bonds strongly to concrete joints or asphalt without the use of a primer.
Flex Crete™ can be used in all typical concrete joint/seam or crack applications in most climates and is compatible with asphalt pavement. Flex Crete™ is easily applied to concrete joints using manual methods or bulk dispensing system units such as those available from manufacturers including Pyles/Graco and Johnstone and/or an inexpensive double-diaphragm pump with a “surge bottle” like Shot™ Pump. The leveling characteristics insure that the required joint wetting for development of appropriate adhesion occurs during
application, no tooling is required
• Significantly less expensive
• Used for both joints/seams and cracksealing (NO saw cutting or backer rod installation necessary on cracks)
• Meets “Rapid Cure” skin-over and complete cure time specification
• Lower cost barrier to entry with ability to use double-diaphragm drum pump or reusable “industrial-size” syringe and bulk calk gun applicators (no expensive “RAM” pumps or calking cartridges required)
• Better adhesive properties
• Greater resistance to noncompressibles including in subfreezing temperatures especially for ultra-low modulus
• Better resistance to puncture, abrasion or vandalism
• Greater Shape Factor of up to 1.5 on reservoirs up to 2” (50.8 mm) wide and significantly higher on reservoirs less than 1” (25.4 mm) wide.
• Greater ability to withstand high heat environments without breaking down
• Tolerates limited dampness of surface or reservoir (cure times will be increased)
• Pourable and pumpable
• Better adhesion to asphalt; no need to remove asphalt from concrete face before sealing
• Is self-adhesive (unlike silicone) allowing additional product to be applied to correct mistakes
• Cleaning can be completed with just water in uncured state – NO SOLVENTS needed before curing
• NO vapors, respiratory or extreme skin irritants
• No priming or tooling required
SPECIFICATION CONFORMANCE: Flex Crete™ is formulated for highway, airport, parking structures, bridge, driveway, walkway and saw cut joints/seams or cracks where movement occurs. Flex Crete™ is NOT a silicone or polyurethane based product yet it conforms to specifications for ultra-low modulus silicone for many highway departments and federal agencies. The product conforms or exceeds most requirements of ASTM D5893 – “Standard Specification for Cold-Applied Single Component, Chemically Curing Silicone Sealant for Portland Cement Concrete Pavements” for type SL sealants, ASTM C-920 – “Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants” and DMS-6310 – “Joint Sealants and Fillers”.