SealFleX™ 6690 is a single-component, ready-to-use, ultra-low modulus, pourable, neutral cure elastomeric emulsion which exceeds the performance and durability characteristics of hot melt ASTM D6690 sealants. It provides a lasting and flexible seal with the ease of installation of self-leveling pourable materials. SealFleX™ 6690 is the ONLY product that meets both ASTM D6690 (Standard Specification for Joint and Crack Sealants, Hot Applied, for Concrete and Asphalt Pavements) and ASTM C920 (Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants).
SealFleX™ 6690 can be used in new highway construction or as a remedial or repair sealant in old construction. In new construction, it provides a long-lasting seal that will prolong the life of the pavement and prevent water and noncompressibles from entering into the joint and damaging the pavement and foundation. For use in repair or remedial applications where other joint sealing materials have failed because of excessive movement or poor weatherability. Allstates Coatings’ SealFleX™ 6690 Sealant can be used to seal irregularly shaped and/or spalled joints. It offers outstanding weathering resistance, remains flexible down to temperatures lower than -20°F (-29°C), is jet-blast resistant and will maintain field serviceability when exposed to intermittent fuel and oil spills. It bonds strongly to asphalt or concrete without the use of a primer.
• NO Melting, NO Safety Precautions, NO Burns, NO Pot-life, NO Waste, NO Tracking
• NO vapors, respiratory or extreme skin irritants
• Tolerates limited dampness of surface or reservoir
• Cleaning can be completed with just water in uncured state – NO SOLVENTS needed before curing
• Used for both joints/seams and cracksealing (NO routing or backer rod installation required on cracks)
• Lower cost barrier to entry with ability to use double-diaphragm drum pump and NO costly melter repairs
• Greater ability to withstand high heat environments without softening, tracking or “bleeding” through
• Surpasses D6690 Type II requirements with Type IV performance characteristics in extremely cold environments
• NO wait time to return traffic, just proper traffic control procedures to provide adequate safety from moving vehicle traffic when cracksealing roads and highways
• NO “speed bumps” created when pavement expands in summer
• Pourable and pumpable
• Is self-adhesive (unlike silicone) allowing additional product to be applied to correct mistakes
SPECIFICATION CONFORMANCE: SealFleX™ 6690 is formulated for highway, airport, parking structures, bridge, driveway, walkway and saw cut joints/seams or cracks where movement occurs. SealFleX™ 6690 meets ASTM D6690/AASHTO M-301 (Standard Specification for Joint and Crack Sealants, Hot Applied, for Concrete and Asphalt Pavements) Type II and ASTM C-920 (Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants) Type S, Grade P, Use T, Class 50.